Joseph T. Cline Award
Recognizing Excellence in City Employees
Nominations for the 2018 Joseph T. Cline Award must be submitted by Monday, Oct. 22, at 5 p.m. Click here for the online nomination form.
The Joseph T. Cline Awards Fund was established in 1984 at The Dayton Foundation by Carolynne H. Cline, daughter of the late Joseph T. Cline, a longtime supporter of the City of Dayton and community activist. Award winners receive $300 from an endowment set up by the Cline family through The Dayton Foundation.
The award honors current City of Dayton workers who display excellence and dedication in their career as a City employee. Other civic and community involvement may also be
Who Is Eligible
To be eligible, nominees must be a current full-time or permanent part-time employee with a minimum of two years of employment with the City of Dayton. Citizens and City of Dayton employees alike may nominate individuals for this award. At least 10 winners will be selected by a team of judges representing The Dayton Foundation and the City of Dayton. An award ceremony is held in November.
the Dayton Foundation
The Dayton Foundation is the regional community foundation for greater Dayton. Since 1921, the Foundation has helped people to help others, managing charitable funds that have provided over 225,000 grants totaling more than a half-billion dollars to non-profit organizations.
2017 Cline Award Winners
- Pamela Allen, Rec & Parks Aide, Recreation & Youth Services - 28 years
- Erica Fields, Special Projects Admin., Human Relations Council - 5 years
- Bridget Findley, Chief General Counsel, Dept. of Law - 4 years
- Kery Gray, Director, City Commission Office - 30 years
- David Lawrence, Special Projects Admin., Dept. of Water - 12 years
- John Parker, Recreation Coordinator, Recreation & Youth Services- 20 years
- Yolanda Sanders, Admin. Typist II, Aviation - 29 years
- Jim Shoemaker, Hydrogeologist, Dept. of Water - 28 years
- Dyan Thomas, Officer, Dayton Police Dept. - 18 years
- Darlene West, Admin Typist II, Dayton Police Dept. - 38 years