On August 16, Mayor Nan Whaley recognized Porter Wright with a 2017 Mayor Award.
Porter Wright is one of five recipients Mayor Whaley will recognize over the next several weeks. The law firm was recognized for its work in adopting family friendly policies to ensure employees maintain a healthy work-life balance.
The Mayor Awards were established to honor outstanding individuals, neighborhood groups and organizations/businesses making a positive impact on the Dayton community through various activities (nominees must be located within the Dayton city limits). Award winners are selected from five categories:
- Family Friendly - An organization supporting employees through family-friendly policies.
- Community Service - An organization supporting and promoting service to the community.
- Giving Back to Neighborhoods - An individual or neighborhood group that has supported and inspired their neighborhood.
- Education Champion - An organization working hard to provide a brighter future for our children.
- Workforce Pipeline - An organization promoting skill- or trade-development in students.