Joseph T. Cline Award
rECOGNIZING EXCELLENCE IN CITY EMPLOYEES
The Joseph T. Cline Awards Fund was established in 1984 at The Dayton Foundation by Carolynne H. Cline, daughter of the late Joseph T. Cline, a longtime supporter of the City of Dayton and civic volunteer.
The award honors current City of Dayton workers who display excellence and dedication in their career as a City employee, as well as civic and community involvement. Honorees receive recognition by the City Commission and a cash award from an endowment established by the Cline family through The Dayton Foundation.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
To be eligible, nominees must be a current full-time or permanent part-time employee with a minimum of two years of employment with the City of Dayton. Citizens and City of Dayton employees alike may nominate individuals for this award. Up to 10 winners will be selected by a team of judges representing The Dayton Foundation and the City of Dayton. An award ceremony is held in November.
THE DAYTON FOUNDATION
The Dayton Foundation is the regional community foundation for Greater Dayton. Since 1921, the Foundation has helped people to help others, managing charitable funds that have provided grants, totaling over a half-billion dollars to non-profit organizations. More information about The Dayton Foundations is available at daytonfoundation.org.
NOMINATIONS AND AWARDS
The nomination period for the 2020 Joseph T. Cline Award has closed. Look for award announcements by early December.
Cline Award Winners, 2019
- Lt. Randy Beane, Dayton Police Department
- Hilary Browning, Procurement, Management and Budget
- Capt. Merritt Colton, Dayton Fire Department
- Stephanie Halfacre, Division of Housing Inspection
- EMT Amy Dunkin, Dayton Fire Department
- Firefighter Dominika Kozlowski, Dayton Fire Department
- Lamonte Hall, Jr., Recreation and Youth Services
- Steve Hill, Department of Water
- Keshia Kinney, Department of Water
- Major Joseph Wiesman, Dayton Police Department