Zoning Certificate Requirements
What Are the Application Requirements for a Zoning Certificate (Permit)?
For the construction or alteration of single family-dwellings, two-family dwellings and accessory uses, the application shall include:
- The completed application form, along with the application fee as established by City commission.
- Three (3) copies of a general vicinity map.
Three (3) copies of a plot plan legibly drawn to a readable scale, based on an accurate survey, and showing the following:
- North arrow.
- Property boundary lines and the exact dimensions of the lot to be built upon or used.
- Right-Of-Way of adjacent streets and alleys.
- Location, dimensions, height, and bulk of all structures to be erected or altered.
- The existing and intended use(s) of all land, buildings and structures.
- Dimensions of yards, driveways, and parking areas.
- Location and use of buildings and adjoining lots within ten(10) feet of all surrounding or bounding property lines.
- Location and dimensions of any easements and use of the easement.
- Existing and proposed driveways, water mains, valve boxes, fire hydrants, sanitary sewers, storm sewers, manholes, retention/detention basins, gas mains, electric power and telephone/communication facilities, and other related structures above and below grade.
- Any other pertinent data as may be necessary to determine and provide for the administration and enforcement of this Zoning Code.