Water / Utility Customer Service & Billing
Billing and Meter Reading annually reads and sends more than 250,000 utility bills. Customer Service receives nearly 290,000 calls each year answering inquires on Water and Tax Accounts.
Pay Your Bill
Pay Water/Utility bills online. To reach Customer Service by phone, call 937-333-3550.
The City of Dayton's Department of Finance is updating its billing system for water and trash utilities. New Invoice format and website format are coming in late Summer/Fall of 2022.
- Online: Visit Pay Dayton Water. Current customer accounts are available or create an account. Or click "Pay Water Bill" in the bottom banner on City Of Dayton website.
- Phone: Call (937)333-3550 to pay your bill by IVR 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
- Mail: Send the remittance stub from the bottom of your Invoice through USPS.
- Retail Cash Location. Locations such as Family Dollar and CVS can process cash payments to apply to a City of Dayton utility bill. Simply present the barcode found on your Invoice, Past Due or Shut Off Notice along with payment to any participating retailer. Additional retailers will be added in the Fall 2022.
- In Person: drop remittance stub and payment into our secure dropbox off West Third Street in the alley between City Hall and the Municipal Parking Garage, or walk in to the City Hall Treasury window, located at 101 W. Third St, between the hours of 8am – 5pm Monday through Friday.
Payment Plan Agreement
I agree to the payment plan dates as specified and that the payments indicated must be posted to the account on or before the due date. Payment reminders will not be sent. Failure to make full payments by the agreed upon dates will result in a BROKEN payment plan, immediate termination of service and additional fees.
I understand that all current invoices MUST be paid no later than the Invoice Due Date, in addition to any payment plan payments. Failure to pay the current charges by the Invoice Due Date, will result in a BROKEN payment plan, immediate termination of service and additional fees.
Two broken payment plans within a 12 month period will prevent any new payment plans for a period of 12 months from last broken plan. Payments may be remitted via the IVR by calling 937-333-3550; online at www.PayDaytonWater.com; at the City Hall Treasury Office, located at 101 W. Third St, between the hours of 8am – 5pm Monday through Friday; or at a participating retail location.
Payments must post to your account on or before the due dates. Check/ACH payments may take up to 4 business days to post to your account. Payments placed in the drop box may take up to 2 business days to post to your account. Credit card payments made after 8:00 pm, will post to your account the next business day. Mailed payments must arrive and post to your account on or before the due date.
- Board of Water & Sewer Charge Review Request
- Refund Request
- Owner Block of Payment Plans/Owner one time release of block
- Social Service Agency Pledge to Assist Customer
- Request to Restore Water – INSPECTION ONLY
- Request to Turn On Existing Water Service
- Request to Discontinue Water Service - MOVING
- Owner Request to Remove Meter
- Request to Set Meter and Restore Water Service
- Establish New Water/Trash Service