The City of Dayton Department of Water joins National Groundwater Association to participate in an annual observance of the National Ground Water Awareness Week (#GWAW2018) to highlight the responsible development, management, and use of water. During the week of March 12-16, 2018 the Department of Water will provide you:
- Facts about groundwater use through social media
- Opportunity to tour the Water Treatment Plant
- Volunteer Opportunity. Use the following link to register as a Dayton Children's Water Festival volunteer. https://goo.gl/forms/Af0dLcLDjW7Ixrom2
Here are some facts about groundwater use:
- Only 1 percent of the water on Earth is useable.
- The United States uses 349 billion gallons of freshwater every day.
- 44 percent of the U.S. population depends on groundwater for its drinking water supply.
- Groundwater is the world’s most extracted raw material with withdrawal rates in the estimated range of 259 trillion gallons per year.
Link to Groundwater Awareness video: https://youtu.be/hO7kLhiJwaI