Lifeguard training is FREE with a commitment to work for the City of Dayton (30 hours minimum for the months of June & July 2020). If you do not wish to commit to working for the City of Dayton, the certification fee is $200. This is a blended learning course, so participants must complete online assignments and attend all six (6) days in the session to pass. Fulfill your dream and come join the City of Dayton Aquatics Team!
Just five (5) easy steps to qualify:
- Must be at least 15 years of age.
- Pass the pre-skills test.
- Complete the online course.
- Take the water and classroom sessions.
- Reminder: Participants must complete online assignments and attend all six (6) days in session to pass the class.
The course work and certification are issued through the American Red Cross.
For more information, call Dana Prazynski at (937) 333 - 3393.
Pre-skills testing requires:
- Swim 300 yards continuously
- Tread water for two minutes using only the legs
- Complete a simulated, timed water rescue
Please view the attached PDF for all training dates.