How do I file a complaint of discrimination?

If you believe you have been discriminated per the City of Dayton Revised Code of General Ordinances (R.C.G.O) 32.02-32.21 and 32.99, you may contact us to discuss the filing of a complaint. A housing complaint must be filed within one year from the date of the occurrence of the alleged discriminatory act. You may file your complaint by contacting the Human Relations Council (HRC) at 937-333-1400 or

Show All Answers

1. What is Source of Income (SOI) Discrimination?
2. Does this mean a resident who qualifies for housing vouchers/subsidies can apply to rent any rental property in a municipality with a source of income discrimination ban?
3. What Are Some Examples of Practices That Will Be Prohibited?
4. How Does SOI Affect Landlords?
5. How Does SOI Affect Tenants?
6. How do I file a complaint of discrimination?
7. What is the cost to file a complaint?