What do I need to open a child care or daycare facility?
Contact the Small Business Advocate for the City of Dayton at 937-333-3689. Also, contact the State of Ohio, Department of Job and Family Services at 877-302-2347 for regulations and requirements for operation of daycare facilities. If the daycare facility will be operating in an area or building previously used for a daycare and there is no change of occupant level and ages of children, a Zoning Occupancy Certificate is required. If this is a new or altered use of a building or space, a building permit is required; applicant shall submit plans and code analysis for review.

Show All Answers

1. How long does the plan review process take?
2. How many copies of plans are required for a permit?
3. Is there a requirement that my plans be prepared by an Architect or an Engineer?
4. What commercial building code is used in the City of Dayton?
5. How many copies of revised plans are needed?
6. What do I need to open a child care or daycare facility?
7. What is a Certificate of Occupancy?
8. When do I need to obtain a Certificate of Use and Occupancy?
9. When does my permit expire?
10. How long do I have to make repairs to a building that has been cited as a nuisance?
11. What approvals do I need before I can legally open my business?
12. Is a Building Permit required for a parking lot?
13. Who can I talk to with questions about City requirements before I rent or buy a business property?
14. Is a building permit required to reroof a business?
15. Is a building permit required for a construction trailer?