Building permits are typically required for:
- All new buildings
- Any additions to or modifications to existing buildings
- Any new or modifications to electrical, plumbing or HVAC
- Any new or modifications to fire alarms and fire suppression systems
- A new tenant to a commercial space to obtain an inspection to occupy (Contact the Small Business Advocate prior to signing a lease or purchase agreement for commercial property.)
- Changing the use and/or occupancy of a building (Contact the Small Business Advocate prior to signing a lease or purchase agreement for commercial property.)
- Nuisance structures designated by the Housing Inspection Division •Special inspection following a fire or other damage to a structure
- Demolition of a structure
- Accessory buildings, such as a garage or storage building.
- Temporary structures such as construction trailers or tents
- Construction or modifications to telecommunications structures, including cell towers and monopoles
Call 937-333-3883 if you have specific questions. Also see our Building Permit Forms page.